Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce (TWCC) is an Apex and umbrella organization uniting sectoral Business Women Associations, Companies, Groups and Sole proprietors who have agreed to form a united front to advocate, lobby and network for the wellbeing of their businesses and growth of women entrepreneurs. It was established in December 2005 as women in business umbrella Chamber in Tanzania. The Chamber has more than 5,000 members from all Sectors which Comprises 26 Regional Chapters (Branches) in Tanzania Mainland, 13 Women Sectoral Associations and Companies.
The Associations includes; African Women Agribusiness Network (AWAN), Association of Women in tourism (AWOTTA), Tanzania Women Miners Association (TAWOMA), Tanzania Food Processors Association (TAFOPA), Tanzania Women Handcraft and Textile Association (TAWOHATE), Service Providers Association (SEPA), Cleaning and ground Maintenance Association (CEMA), Tanzania Women Empowerment and Innovation (TAWEI), Women in Miners Association (WIMA), Mwanza Women Chamber of Commerce, Association of Women in Cross Border trade, Shinyanga Women Platform and Tanzania Women Service Providers Association (TAWOSPA)
- Lobbying and advocacy
- Capacity building
- Financial linkages
- Networking and information sharing
- Organizing Regular Monthly Breakfast meetings for sharing business information, networking, learning, experience sharing
- Sensitization and supporting members who are operating informally to register their businesses
- Enhancing women participation in various business forums at Nnational, Regional and international levels.
- Sourcing and information sharing with members for business growth
- Mobilizing women entrepreneurs in the informal sector to join business associations so as to learn from each other and easy access to information and make their voices heard
- Organize and conduct capacity building training to women in all aspect of business development and management
- Creation of awareness to women eentrepreneurs on different regional, international and multilateral agreements as well as rules and procedures to follow in order to access and benefit from the available opportunities.
- Advocate for policies, laws and regulations related to women business growth
- Organize and conduct marketing and promotional events such as trade fair, business forum etc.
- Encourage and assist women in the formation of business groups such as SACCOS, VICOBA for self-financing and access to business capital
- Linking women with financial institutions
- Organizing local and international experience sharing and exchange visit for women to acquire new knowledge on business especially management, marketing and technology
TWCC is working with both private and public sector organizations in assisting and providing the necessary support and guidance to women in business and advocate for favorable policies in which women enterprises can flourish. It has a good relationship and close collaboration with Government and private institutions in various issues. Some of the institutions includes, Ministry of Industry trade and investment, Ministry of Health, Gender, Women and Children, Ministry of foreign affairs, Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance and Planning, Presidents Office -Regional Administration and Local Government Authorities, Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), National Economic Empowerment Council (NEEC), Tanzania Trade development authority (Tantrade), Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, and Agriculture-TCCIA, Tanzania Private Sector Foundation-TPSF and other institutions.
TWCC is also a member of several apex business associations at the National and Regional Level such as Tanzania Private Sector Foundation (TPSF), and East African Women in Business Platform (EAWiBP).