Tanzania Women chamber of Commerce (TWCC) was established in 2005 by groups of Women with the aim of creating a platform to raise the voices for women entrepreneurs.
From 2005 TWCC has managed to achieve its goal by being an essential vessel for influence, Opportunity, innovation, networking and capacity building
Women realized to strengthen their economy and rights they have to come together and have one voice to solve all their problems. Since 2005 TWCC has been a member based organization to serve the best interest of it’s members by
• Advocating on various law, policies and procedures
• Making sure that the position of women is recognized in all sector
• Creating the sense of gender in all aspects,
• Creating the better business environment for its member
• Creating platforms for women to address their issue (Ten Platforms have been created in various regions)
• Increase the awareness on various business issue by being the core of opportunity information
Over the year TWCC has partnered with various organization in accomplishing various project these organizations include international organization (eg. UN-Women, ITC, ILO, VSO and others), Financial Institutions (Equity Bank, CRDB Bank, BOA Bank, NMB Bank, Covenant Bank and others), Government (SIDO, Ministry of Industry and Trade), Private Sector Organization, and Associations.